Wednesday, August 02, 2006

sweet emotion

Took a ride back to my childhood yesterday. My parents sold this house when i was 8 but i remember sitting at the living room watching re-runs of Disney's Valentine on tape while the movers walked in and out carrying all our furniture out till the sofa was gone. And still i refused to budge, and sat on a mouldy stool infront of the tv, till mom came teary-eyed and made me vacate our house forever.

sigh, sorry if i sound silly and sentimental but this was the house i spent the most part of my younger days in. Where i'd prance around taking two hours to eat my dinner because dinner's served at 7 and the chinese drama serial i used to watch only started at 9.30pm then. In the mornings, i'd swing on this 4 seater metal swing out on the garden, and once i ate cereal and choked and coughed blood. One night, dad sat me on our german shep Blackie and he teared round the house through trees and doors and glass and i cried and mom scolded him.

After kindergarten everyday, i'd either take my afternoon naps on the mattress where the maid could iron and watch me, or sleep in my grandma's room where i'd play coy infront of the mirror and that's how my maid caught me and hit me with a golfclub because i wasn't asleep. That night, while the coolie-cool was on, i hugged my coupon and my mom told stories and meowtickle-ed me to sleep and i whimpered in pain when she accidentally touched my bruise. Daddy literally rolled downstairs and railed at the maid till dawn came.

Then i scratched my neighbour's neighbour's kid's face on the bus home one day and mommy bought a piggy bank and wrapped it up nicely and made me stand outside her gate at night to redeem myself. i pranced around again while waiting for them to answer the bell and dropped the piggybank and it shattered.

So, i got out of the car yesterday and surveyed the area i knew i so well before. And it nearly moved me to tears. It was exactly as i pictured it ever since we left, exactly as i remembered. Pok comforted me with the fact that maybe one day i'll buy it back and live with the ghosts of my past happily ever after.

Photos now! of the sleepover, outings and lots more. sleepover at my punggol place was awesome! Pok and i finally learnt how to play mahjong yay!

My old house! Rather picturesque is it not? The attic's two stories, with high beams and lofty ceilings and a long staircase leading up to it and bats and everything. This was my childhood.
57 and 7

That's the three slopes i was talking about where i used to race bikes with the neighbours. you can't see them from here cause my house's right at the bottom of the hill. It's a fricking long drive in, pok almost got lost cause i couldn't remember the way in, lotsa twists and turns. I always secretly fantasized about still living there. Because, that way, i am almost certainly hundred percent plus chop guaranteed a car of my own because it's impossible to walk out to the nearest bus stop. hurhur, ok dreaming over.
Driveway in

Sneaked around the side of the house. The current owner still keeps our previous lawn furniture! :)
They kept it

the log i used to race my turtles on. The current owners still keep it. gah, sentimental is me.
The log bench

Still looks the same. Just the colour of the gate, and little changes to the garden. no more cactus plants :( it used to be a wake the whole family up at 2am all must take photo with cactus plant when it flowers kinda affair.
57 Mimosa Walk

parting shot
parting shot















Joyce Lim unzipped at 1:45 AM with 2 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments:
hey babe, been looking for the kind of thights you are wearing. can tell me where u got i t from?
 
hihi, actually they're everywhere. Bugis street for example. I got mine at Far East level 3, i don't noe e name of e shop. buy online via livejournal.com shopping sprees, or u can always get em frm zara, yup! the quality's much better. but if you like those with little details and lace and whatever nots, best go into some Japo looking shop in fareast and find.

horkay, that was a long comment, hope this helps.
 
Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia