Saturday, September 24, 2005

flapdoodle blues

it's in the miniscule things of life that chart out our discovery for us. navigating from point to point, we rarely take heed of the spatial space inbetween but remember trenchant moments that chip away little by little our big boulders of experience.

for instance a friend told me he only knows how to drive from point A to B, whatever inbetween the process is redundant. for me, i remember my life as something following an alphabetical journey.

Aged six, i remember my cousin brutally throwing stones at my german shepherd. one of the little pebbles caught the tip of his eyelids and i heard him yelp. it was the first time i really felt pain for my first and faithful friend.

By nine, i'd probably seen too much blood i had to offer the nurses in my sterile hospital bed.

Cat got my tongue. i was speechlessly guilty when i told my first lie and stole two tubes of glitter glue from a regional library.

Depression a first, when a certain insignificant midget of a boyfriend broke up with me in sec three.

Elation when i found the one..

Fueling on heartaches and cheap jazz being lonely alone again.

and so on.. you get the idea.

cleared away the clutter on my sofa in my bedroom. i've forgotten what it's like to sink into its snuggled warmness. so anyway, hot milo in hand, a mouldy book in the other, dressed in an old pullover i dug from underneath piles of cloth i'm envisioning snow petals swirling by the pseudo window beside me with sleep combing through my hair.

yesterday i caught myself staring at the floor at the mrt station when i spotted an irregular shape of concentrated colour amidst the largely dull and pale coloured tiles. it was merely water. but funny how it brings such an intensity, staining a colour a deeper passion.

hrmmm, what i would give to wake up under a goose feathered quilt, wrapped up in a winter chill with hazy dreams for a pillow and coffeesmells for a bolster.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 1:23 AM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia