Thursday, February 23, 2006

around this time

i snatch up my phone and dial the number that comes second to mind.
i don't know what to make of lazy afternoons like this. post mambo, post sleep, post everything wednesday. another day of indolence. oh listless me, i want to go out, but some way or other i convince myself there's more to it than just this and then i sprawl myself on the couch and play potato in front of the teevee.

this is it then. i realise i always jinx myself and something good always ends prematurely. no more then, i've had enough. words are still only words after all. oh weightless words, the fool in me believes all too soon; loves all too soon.

i can still smell the musky scent i sprayed onto my wrists for mambo last night. it's like this see, things always linger, they leave their spicy tang, some mark or the other, a bruising, a stain, and it takes some time to forget it was even there.

i stop the call halfway and toss the phone lopsidedly onto the bed. second choice doesn't nearly seem good enough.
at least not this time.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 3:35 PM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia