Wednesday, November 29, 2006

i miss you most at christmas time

hello, I wish exams didn't contain us so. We have Confucius and the few thousand years of Imperial examinations in China to thank for.

and I wish I wasn't leaving so soon. Is it any wonder.. I will cry; you know this. Don't say be strong. It almost always encourages otherwise. I will take a scent of you, a strand of hair, your voice in a seashell, and check them in with me.

It was hard studying today with the strains of Rudolph and Santa and White christmas-es gliding through from the neighbour's house. oh wow, i loved it so. and I thought of all those christmas-es I'd spent; carolling in the streets, building a thin muddy snowman and aunty Dolly's and Michael's gingerbread house creations, Michael's nativity model in the living room when I was 8 (boy is he creative), and of course the tree, dinner, pudding and presents.

One christmas I rubbed my hands together and trudged back home in the snow, apple cider in my tummy and little toes gnawing the cold. That's how I first learnt that the best way to keep warm was to breathe in through the nose and out the mouth.

Some lessons you keep with you for life.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 12:13 AM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia