Wednesday, November 23, 2005

tellywishes

My dad just called to say he restored my much beloved sports channels and HBO. i was pleasantly happy and grateful of course because i merely whined to him a few days, at most, and now it's restored. I was surprised because i didn't think he'd pay much attention to my gripings, after all, it is true that nobody watches the telly much besides my grandparents and i. Furthermore, he wasn't obliged to listen but he did.

But the climacteric point of our conversation came when he expressed desire to watch me play at one of my touch rugby matches one of these days. Not that it matters that my parents aren't there to watch. Whose parents are there anyway? It was just nice and reassuring to know that my dad makes the effort to understand and support me in whichever way he can.

On a sidenote, i do think it's depressing that it isn't in our singaporean culture to have parents standing at the sidelines cheering their kids on. Their only present at academic prize ceremonies and graduations but seriously who gives a damn. I don't. I'd rather my parents watch me run past the finish line than shed tears at my graduation. That being said, i was on holiday in Canada when i realised just how much my godrelatives took pride in my godcousins' sporting achievements and schedules.

right, Badminton, rugby, football and golf is on the telly now yay bye bye

i shall leave you with a parting shot of my badminton hero taufik hidayat

Joyce Lim unzipped at 6:20 PM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia