Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Rendering

i've come to realise i'm not a very good judge of character when it comes to first impressions. I'm starting to realise i behave increasingly like a relative of mine and that scares me.

A particular uncle on the other hand, is always generous with help. Most of the time, he doesn't need you to ask for it. That's such a big difference. In other terms, of course, mom used to say, "there are those who stay behind to pick the litter for you after a party. And there are those who stay so late to mop the floor, you have to drive them out so they can go home."

and there you have it. the way we see the world in familiar domestic spheres, which mean alot of course.

And so this uncle of mine was helping me search through different websites of universities i could have applied to besides Alberta. He checked up on their faculties, made sure the modules and my major matched, and even showed me cities i could go visit. Albeit abit too late to change my application, i'm kicking myself for not casting my net wider. Waterloo and toronto seem awesome too. Apparently if i had gone somewhere nearer to where he has friends, he could have arranged for me to stay at his friend's house, have somebody pick me up at the airport, double up as my tourguide and friend.

Still, Alberta it has to be. It doesn't matter if his plans for me don't follow through. What's heartwarming sometimes are the ways in which people take such an interest in your life and the trivial things that you do.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 4:35 PM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia