Sunday, November 07, 2004

my god i wish i could kick your ass

if you've not been watching channel 8's Happy fish on tv mon thru to friday at 7pm.. hmm well..you should. we have exactly the same scenerio over here at my mom's cafe. by the way, if your reading Sunday Life and your wondering whose Mr Lim Tow Soon owner of Jacob's Cafe at Changi Village.. it's my dad :)

just so you know, and to give me some form of catharsis, i'm here to rant about this scheming cunning wily lil' fox whose been parasiting at our cafe. his back in jail thank God but i think he deserves to be serving term for much longer.

so this blood sucking condemnable parasite has been working at the cafe since August. one caveat from me, and i told my mom the very first time i saw him too, he looks like a weasel so i told her to watch him. my parents apparently didn't need any more advice from me, they'd already been put on their guard from as early as the 1st week of his employment.

see he told lies. and as we all know, lies spin their own webs of deceit. their threads extend far and wide till one day, as i shall enlighten you later, one gets ensnared by one's own web of double-dealing. from subtle untruths like forgetting to write down a customer's order and claiming that MY MOM (the nerve of him!) owes that guy a treat to outright trickery like stealing a regular's handphone and ipod.

so anyway, that devious conniving mind of his decided to open up a cafe just next door to my mom's. see we wouldn't mind that actually if you were selling sushi, but he intended to sell exactly the same food all in a bid to, in his own words, "take away 75% of our business". you can say there's nothing wrong about setting up a cafe selling the exact same food just next door but surely there's something wrong when he steals our menus and cutlery eh? i believe in the world of business there must be some code of honour and business ethics despite talks about every man for himself. but anyway he even tried to entice our workers away with his poisonous tongue and.. how would you say.. tiao3 po4 li2 jian1 between my parents and the rest of the employees.

so anyway.. all this time my parents had no inkling of his designs on the vacant shop beside ours. they only knew that he told lies and stole customers' belongings from time to time. so yes.. one day he was too smart for his own good. called in and claimed he was sick and had an MC for two days. hello.. my parents aren't dumb when you keep calling in sick 3 consecutive mondays you know. my mom decided to call his house but no one answered the phone. my dad tried 2 hours later but still no one picked up. we decided to call cisco. you see, this wily fox is an inmate. my parents decided to take him in as a regular employee since his jail term is almost up as part of the yellow ribbon project. technically if your not at work you have to be home, and cisco tags your whereabouts by some electronic device and it's against the law if you break this house curfew. but he did, so well.. his back in jail now, he even called up another of my mom's employee and made all sorts of threats to us and to the cafe and the staff in general when he was being detained.

-_- wow i'm pissing my pants. so anyway, it's only after he broke the curfew, got thrown back in prison that the rest of the staff told my mom about the cafe he wanted to set up next to us and how he tried to lure them over and how he often threatened them and how he always tried to borrow money and the countless lies he told that even my parents didn't know of etc etc etc...

this horrible episode had an amusing ending when 2 nights ago, a couple queried my mom on why the boss isn't at the cafe today. my mom was baffled (her expression was hilariously classic), and the couple was equally shocked to realise my mom and my dad actually owns the place. you see.. dear ole wily weasel had been going round telling customers that he owns Jacob's cafe, and that my mom, my dad and everyone else were HIS workers.

my mom just replied rather coolly that she had just terminated the Boss' service.

haha.. nah.. she didn't say that.

but i feel really bad for my parents. and i wish i could give him a slap on their behalf, there are so many profanities i invented for pain infliction and cause of death specially for him.

i ask you la ok.. this kind of pple, how to pin on yellow ribbons and not discriminate against them

Joyce Lim unzipped at 2:11 PM with 1 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments:
my mom wants to comment haha. she says at least he brought some spice into our lives
 
Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia