Friday, November 25, 2005

strange and beautiful

funny, all the time in the world but nothing to watch. HBO is turning out to be such a let down.

it tears my soul apart when it rains
and when it rains
it rains so slow
so slow


nice lyrics. how pertinent. a surreal imagination takes over me when i look out the window in dusks and spy with my little eye children playing in the streets, on swings, chasing balls with dogs at their tails. i don't want to grow up. i still want my A to Z fresh in my mind. like rubber candy i munch on when teething. There are times when i feel i cannot be more alone, but i revel in it. a bouncing transparent bubble enclosed with me inside as i watch, and i watch, and watch. that silent laughing world of which i'm deaf to. a kid skates by me, i barely feel the ripples of the wind frictionised by the touch of our cloths. We're always dreaming of the world outside. i create the little world inside, polly pocket style. oh but don't you know the grass is always greener where it rains. and when it does rain on your side, you won't want to cross over anymore.

and so to finish up my poem, which on second thought, doesn't need retouches.

Raindrops
like snow on cars
when light hits
silhouetted
on hands like grey moles
A window's silvery companion
shadowed
tumescent
by others who have come

and i read an email. and it rained inside me. and you know how when it rains, it tears my soul apart.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 7:44 PM with 2 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
*with correct spelling*
"hallo. i also know how to sneak from hong's blog, hur hur.

i told hong i want to play a prank on you soon.

wah, 29,500 visitors. does your blog sell food
 
Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia