Wednesday, October 25, 2006

guilty pleasures

my next three damn essays. quite stressed. oh yes.
now, just photos galore. the entire family on my dad's side went to raffles hotel for high tea just this afternoon. it was then i realised how big the interior really is. so of course me, the budding artistic photographer that i am, took lovely shots of our national monument.

and i've gone back to watching figure skating. in other words, just the greatest husband and wife pairskaters ever known, Ekaterina (Katia) Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov. you can tell i really like them from the way i memorise the spelling haha. Grinkov died young in 1995. Katia was only 23. Put together, they were greatness. There has never been, in my opinion, an equal to them since. click here if you're curious.

So once in a lifetime, this comes along.. you see a pair team like that, they felt and moved as one, each one knew what the other was about to do. Soul to soul, it was magic to watch. it was fabulous.

And it reminded me of the last few verses of a poem.

so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that when you close your eyes,
i fall asleep


Whatever passed between them must have been sublime; troves under magnificent seas. and i shall not murder to dissect here into words. I could never explicate it. you would have to feel with me, else you could never understand.












Joyce Lim unzipped at 1:33 AM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia