Monday, December 04, 2006

the wishing away

i keep thinking that my next paper at 5pm today will be the last paper.
aching with the preparation and moaning away the throbs of anxiety, i suddenly feel shooting pangs of exhilaration at the days of freedom ahead, then check myself just in time to remember that it is still not over yet.

i have another paper tomorrow. for goodness sake I cannot take this much longer. my whole body trembles in anticipation, just waiting and waiting for the last paper to come go, and it has been so long. The runner at the start line psyches and tenses up just before the horn blasts. The lack of perseverence to hold those muscles tense while he waits for the go ahead is the reason he falters and makes a false start.

oh how do i persevere and keep myself psyched up till tomorrow goes? the waiting, above all, tests the durability of the mind under pressure to hold, hold it in. I might get tired of waiting.

grrrr. tomorrow, mambo, shopping for texas clothes, doing all the things we wrote in a list to do after exams with pok, hong's party, guesstures, and hoping pok spends christmas with my family and finally bringing Russ to a big green field where he can run around madly smelling up people's ass cracks AND THAT STUPID DRIVING TEST WHICH I WILL SO DAMN WELL PASS.

these are a few of my favourite things.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 12:14 PM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia