Tuesday, July 27, 2004

et tu brute

i got SET UP BY MY FRIEND!! YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. SET UP. BETRAYED. that trauma she put me through. i just couldn't believe she could do something like this to me. all this while she just sat there silently all the way without so much as a whimper or a guilty shrug. she didn't help me extricate myself from this mess, she just sat there beside me and penetrated my every uncomfortable twitch.
all she could say was "i think it's very beneficial for you, and you could take it like you were supporting my career."
?!?!?!?!?!????!! what the fuck?! what career my beloved girl?? your only 19 you just finished your A levels your supposed to be in Uni in less than a month's time. career my big fat elbow!!
she and her two colleagues were trying to sell me their electromagnetic monstrosity. supposedly it facilitates blood flow and alleviates body pains and aches. supposedly.. and i STRESS SUPPOSEDLY, we humans are one big magnet living in an even bigger magnet called the Earth. therefore our blood has millions of tiny positive and negative ions that can help to chisel away the fatty deposits in our constricted blood vessels using a magnetic pillow.
if you didn't understand that, no worries. i do.. but i won't force you to. but my dear friend and her manager certainly didn't sympathise with me as i do with you. they bombarded me with tonnes of files packed thick with newspaper articles about how this has been medically proven and how one japanese doctor spent 38 years researching about the plausibility and effectiveness of electro-magnatism. they so naively thought that just by showing me newspaper clippings in a portfolio i could be entirely converted to their cause.
hello this is not some evangelistic mission. i don't care if your over zealously believing in this kinda crap. i don't care if some Jap doctor wasted away 38 years of his nubile life researching on some electro magnetic nincompoop theory when his country is still being ravaged by the evils of nuclear radiation caused by WWII. i AM JUST SKEPTICAL bout this whole load of rubbish!
WHY?!?! what do mean WHY am i skeptical?? i am just skeptical la!!
"ya but why??"
.......
*faints*
grrrrrrr...
"because if it's really as effective as you say it is then surely the ministry of health would have advocated it, or its distribution would be more prolific. but my point is that i've rarely heard of these sort of things therefore i am skeptical!"
"but miss, doesn't mean that if something is not very well-known means it doesn't work right?"
"TRUE.. but just showing me your newspaper clippings doesn't justify the mandatory need to believe you either."
"so that means you buy panadols from pharmacies is more safe? you are taking it orally, whereas our product you are only using it externally. which one can be more safe?"
"hello, my handphone's close proximity causes cancer because of radiation and i don't injest it either. same goes for your product."
ARGHHH basically his whole argument was just so flawed. and to think he was pissed with me for not buying his product. and GUESS WHAT MY FRIEND SAID.
"support me la.. i only need to sell two more products and then my boss says i can fly off to genting for a leaders' seminar"
ok fine.. i rolled my eyes.. i MIGHT consider.. so i politely asked for the price and guess how much it cost.
"oh $1890." she replied rather big eyed and nonchalently.
............
?!?%$##*%&^
-_-
sorry ah.. i'm saving up for the "Buy Joyce a smaller sleeker and better camera fund"

Joyce Lim unzipped at 9:28 PM with 1 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments:
what an idiot. either u look very naive, or very rich. HAHA. anyway, that friend of yours is an idiot. u must tell me who she is. heh heh
 
Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia