Tuesday, August 03, 2004

His the man

i don't deserve the good grace that i've been receiving lately. accidental happiness like this don't come in twos or threes. in fact their more divorced from reality, they trudge around in this lonely world spreading their divine happiness to only those precious few. so yes anyway this has all got to do with THE MISSING pieces and my maid is the central character. or ONE of at least..
have i told you about my STEWPID maid? i'm sure you've heard about her because nowadays when i have friends over at my house, they so very indiscretely giggle out questions like which one of my maids is the stupid one and i injudiciously point an accusing stubby finger at the cuter of the two.
yes yes so anyway. this maid of mine has a knack of making me very pissed with her. like recently i lost my favourite adidas cap (ok i only have one.... and that's precisely why it's my FAVOURITE!) and she claimed that i'd probably brought it out with me and that i'd lost it along the way. i made a big fuss and insisted she search the house and turn it upside down because i was 100% sure she was the culprit. (she's always the culprit la uh. you don't need sixth sense to figure this equation out)
so anyway, one, two three times.. she had turned my entire house into wonderland and still the issue of THE MISSING CAP remained. so weeks progressed into like a mth, and i was unconsciously thinking of ways to save up and buy a new cap already when suddenly just last saturday at the carnival, i whipped my handphone out and on a whim called my stupid maid up and ordered her to search the house one last time. don't ask me why but i just suddenly missed my cap so so much. so anyway i didn't think much about it and i spent the entire day out wandering the streets and when i came home and wanted to do some math hw, to my horror i realised my calculator was nowhere to be seen.
again i issued another search warrant and ordered Ms Stewpid.. let's just call her Stew for short.. to start hunting for my calculator.
she CLAIMED, that she saw it just the day before on my study table(which was a friday afternoon) to which i responded with a couple of topsy turvy eyeballs and my famous snort. if the calculator was at home on friday (which she swore by her life it was), then whose calculator could i be holding in my hand at friday's math lecture? MY FINGERS? i can't even count past 10 without my socks off. obviously she was being STEW-PID again. i seriously don't know why i have such bad karma with maids. arghhh...
and the best thing was, when i was trying on this new zara belt i'd just bought the stupid screw snapped off and the whole buckle came loose.
@#%$^$%^&$%^$
-_-
and the screw rolled into a comfortable corner and decided to remain there till the next revival.
AGAIN i called Miss Stew to come sweep the floor of my room to find the missing screw. AGAIN my efforts (NOT HERS) were futile.
then yesterday while i was out studying at the esplanade i realised that one of my hoop dangly earrings was missing one of its back studs. argh i could have dropped it anywhere, there was no chance of recovering it.
Then just this morning i realised i left my history file packed full with notes in school under a desk last week. i think you should be able to spot a pattern here.. i keep losing things. argh..
but then i had accidental happiness yes yes. first, when i returned home on saturday, i chanced upon my adidas cap perched on my couch. oh goody.. means my maid somehow managed to retrieve it from the depths of i don't really care where.
then, i went back to the zara store.. u must understand that inside i was trembling because the receipt states that zara doesn't entertain exchanges or refunds. and yet i managed to exchange my zara belt for a new one after encountering a sales assistant who was really nice about it. and then my mom agreed to pay for my lost calculator so i could get a new one! oh goody....
then yesterday when i came back from the esplanade i found one earring stud sitting prettily beside my keyboard waiting for me to say hello. and then today i was praying so hard that no stewpid juniors would take my history file and throw my notes down the rubbish bin, and guess what! it was sitting there on the teacher's table in class waiting for me to say hello to it too!!
hahahaha.. i'm a clumsy girl. but it's wonderful how simple prayers like these work out for you in the end

Joyce Lim unzipped at 4:51 PM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia