Friday, December 16, 2005

my catharsis

hongy drove over and took me for a spontaneous spin in her cool black little beamer. i love accidental hairpeeness like this. i've always wanted to have my own car so i can drive into the night, over the highway, lights guiding me home while i sing my own flapdoodle blues positively alone. that day will come, soon i hope, but since it hasn't i decided to lend her my dream giftwrapped in a cd.

I watched KingKong today and i came out sniffling red eyed. and i cry not so much for the unrequited love but for the pity, the pity of it all. the ignorance and bestiality of mankind juxtaposed against the apebeast, how profound his emotions were. His eyes breathed volumes, and my eyes breathed tears. Oh stop your killjoy. for heaven's sake i know it's only make-believe, but i started when i came home and saw baby Russ arch his neck at such an angle as to assail my fingers to touch. i wanted to laugh and sigh at his yearning for instant gratification and i pounced on him and kissed him and gave him such a hug.

So tis the season to be jolly and watch lots of epic fantasy movies ie, KingKong, Chronicles of Narnia, and rewatch Lord of the Rings. how does it feel to pick up the threads of an old life, when the adventure ends then? To know life will never be the same after that one life-changing episode. How does it feel to come back to the vacant house, unoccupied for so long, and feel the throbbing spatial dislocation, and realise there's no going back. What would i do? pack up and decide there must be more for me, or painfully rehabituate myself to my living spaces.
See, i like to feel that there's something more. that when i blink, i blink to merely assuage the dreamlike quality i find myself used to sometimes.

See there are those who write for self justification; those who trouble themselves to entangle mired convolutions of thought. There are more who write to enlighten and enliven the soul. I write with the increasing realisation that words are never enough. unnecessary and necessary, the poverty of language is one we suffer. And as the poet John Keats said
"That if poetry comes not as naturally as the leaves to a tree, it had better not come at all"

and yet they're all we have to carry on.

But here Oscar Wilde tears my idealisms down with his exquisite lines as usual:
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 12:09 AM with 1 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments:
where got beamer! beamer then good liao. anyway you will be sorely missed la hug hug. and its only 2 weeks plus. love love! actually i should really spend one christmas at your mom's cafe huh. next year please remind me. (:
 
Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia