Thursday, December 01, 2005

my glittering tribute

and so post exams period begins. i feel strong impetus to accomplish so many things, of which we all know most will never be, but still.. oh the love of dreaming.

Christmas is drawing near, and drawing symbols of anticipation in my heart. not the electric kind, but of the effulgent luminous inscrutable kind. that lovely kind.. and you all know christmas has always always been my favourite holiday. not just because of all the hope and expectations that come with it, but just because, well, it's christmas.. and christmas is a good enough reason to feel mighty good about anything and everything and nothing.

i call it my Festival of Lights. Seeing as how often i get fascinated by lights of any kind. i can't explain it. the orchestrated feelings that well up inside whenever i think of every christmas holiday season, which commingle into a rainbow of affections bringing tears to my eyes. They lie somnolent from january to October. November will see it budding gently into sprouting shoots, and then december comes and oh how they bloom into the most beautiful flowers of fragile petals. And then the new year is crammed in all too uninvitingly for me and i'll just have to wait till the winter season for the soil to be arid enough for my flowers again.

christmas, festival of lights, Chrismukkah, whatever you call it. you know i always pay a tribute to this special occasion every year so smile with me alright? you have no idea how much christmas means to me in all her auroral incandescence. She is the very personification of all things strangely beautiful.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 2:14 AM with 0 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments: Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia