Thursday, December 08, 2005

thursday afternoon

zouk was super! nanyang girls and chinese high boys reunion hoho. stepped out and discovered it was raining complete with jagged bolts slashing the underbelly of the velvety sky, and the drone of thunder grumbling overhead. and i had to run in the rain to the car opposite the road, and i plunged into thick puddles of water crated tarmac and my shoes were stained a darker orange and my clothes deeper purple, blue and pink.

and i was soaked! and i loved it. and i loved that i was asleep under covers and quilts with matted hair listening to soft raindrops outside.

and today my body is sore from my very first crashcourse kickboxing lesson i took from this muay thai instructor yesterday. hoho, i never realised kickboxing could be such fun. the ebb and rise of adrenaline. the kicking, the yelling; kicking one more time even though you feel you couldn't lift a muscle anymore. better than runnin stationary on the treadmill, or lifting dumb weights. so so monotonous. i want to sign up for lessons! but they cost a bomb :( maybe this could be my christmas present? hmmm

and i saw these lyrics posted on philip's blog. and you know how there are those that come and go, but there are those who make such an entrance, you feel the sweetest ache when they do; go that is.

I drink good coffee every morning
Comes from a place that's far away
And when I'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say
I don't want you thinking I'm unhappy
What is closer to the truth
That if I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
I'm no longer moved to drink strong whisky
'Cause I shook the hand of time and I knew
That if I lived till I could no longer climb my stairs
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
Your face it dances and it haunts me
Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years
But I don't want you thinking I don't get asked to dinner
'Cause I'm here to say that I sometimes do
Even though I may soon feel the touch of love
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
If I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you


and so the morning unfolds into a lackadaisical afternoon designed for languorous pleasures like books, tv and ipodywody. and sunny afternoons where the heat honeys my eyes and actions open doorways for bathetic and careless thoughts and whimsies. sigh, the poignant thing about these lyrics is that it reminds me of not too much, yet not too little either.

Joyce Lim unzipped at 1:54 PM with 3 comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Comments:
chanced upon your site when i was searching for kickboxing classes. do you mind letting me in on where i can get kickboxing lessons? :) thank you
 
omg. you will not believe it. i was going to your blog from hongs, and in the meantime while it was loading i was thinking of replying zhihong's poem mail with a song lyric, and i thought that song would be best. OMG I AM NOT KIDDING HAHA
 
hi hazel! Go Fitness at wheelock place, Cali fitness both have kick boxing classes though u gotta pay 2 join e gym first. i heard there are ad hoc instructors ard raffles place area which are much cheaper, i'm nt very sure u could check it out :)

and PHILIP! haha ya the lyrics very nice eh.. i'm downloading garden state! is it as nice as u say it is??
 
Post a Comment
Webset © Blogfrocks
Image © Inertia